Monday 3 December 2012

Vintage Karentoons - Great Ormond Street Hospital

I have just discovered, thanks to mumtoons, that a tile I designed in Primary School is still on display in Great Ormond Street Hospital in the hydrotherapy unit. 




The competition was to design a tile for to decorate the hospital with the theme "kids in space".
I was judged a winner by my childhood hero Neil Buchanan. At the time he was of course famous for his children's TV show "Art Attack" which I adored so you can imagine how exciting this was. Back then I wanted to be him when I grew up. I suppose in some respects I am - but without my own successful TV show.

It really has made my day knowing that is still on display in the children's hospital after all these years. I hope it still makes some little faces smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment